Jessica Jackson Hutchins
Couch For a Long Time, 2009.
http://www.whitney.org/Exhibitions/2010Biennial/HannahGreely
I chose this image because it follows the theories I use of seeing things differently. The artist took an ordinary couch and made it something else by changing what it was made out of. THe newspaper signifies someone intelligent and the pottery signifies someone artistic. This couch brings the two together.
Hannah Greely
Dual, 2005-09.
http://www.whitney.org/Exhibitions/2010Biennial/JessicaJacksonHutchins
This image by Hannah Greely shows how things can be distorted physically and mentally. Once again changing the way things are viewed.
Pae White
Smoke Knows, 2009.
http://www.whitney.org/Exhibitions/2010Biennial/PaeWhite
I chose this image by Pae White because of its low depth of field. The macro quality shows a whole new side of smoke. Something that is normally disgusting seems to feel clean and beautiful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I like this image because it shows the detail of the plaid tights I was wearing.
This is an abstract portrait of my dog Buddy. He's a 12-year-old Lhasa Apso. I love him to death.
I like this image because it grosses me out. It's a picture of my nephew's teddy bear that belonged to my brother when he was a baby. This bear is 30 years old. It has been stitched up so many times that it should probably just be thrown away, but that won't happen. Ever.







No comments:
Post a Comment