Monday, March 15, 2010

Blog #7


Cai Guo-Qiang: I Want To Believe
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
February 22-May 28, 2008

Inopportune: Stage One, 2004. Nine cars and sequenced multichannel light tubes, dimensions variable. Seattle Art Museum, Gift of Robert M. Arnold, in honor of the 75th Anniversary of the Seattle Art Museum, 2006. Exhibition copy installed at Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, 2008.

http://pastexhibitions.guggenheim.org/cai/cai_overview.html

I chose this image by Cai Guo-Qiang because I like the use of full scale installations. Watching the clip of the video on the website was very intriguing. I would have loved to have seen it in person.

-------------------------------------------------------------------



Heroes and Villains: The Battle for Good in India's Comics
October 17, 2009-February 7, 2010

Saumin Patel (India, b. 1979), "Devi Vanquishes Bala," Devi, 2006, pencil and ink on art board, 17 x 11 in., Liquid Comics, Bangalore, India. C. 2008 Liquid Comics. All rights reserved. 

http://www.lacma.org/art/ExhibindianComics.aspx

This piece caught my eye because I really like comic book art, especially when its in a "fine art" setting.

--------------------------------------------------------------



Las Vegas Studio: Images From the Archives of Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown
Stardust Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas 1968. C. Venturi Scott Brown and Associates. Philadelphia.

I picked this image because I absolutely love context. I love images of Las Vegas, especially iconic ones. The blood red clouds in the background work really well with the red sign in the foreground.

---------------------------------------------------------------



I picked this image of mine because I like the distorted features of the cranes. I really like playing around with merging photos.

----------------------------------------------------------------



This is an image of a friend of a friend dancing at RockBar. I like the candidness of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------



This is an image of a building on 13th that I photographed a few days ago. I was driving around looking for worn down buildings and came across this one. I really like the way the sun is back lighting the building.

1 comment:

  1. This post is excellent! I am looking for blog week nine which was due on April 7. Is it here?

    ReplyDelete