Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog #3


 
Berenice Abbott
St. Mark's Church: Skywriting Spiral,
East 10th Street and Second Avenue
c. 1935-39  

I chose this image by Berenice Abbott because I like the contrast, both in tone and imagery. The building is shown at an angle that makes it seem daunting, yet the cloud spiral is almost childish.
I think that this images should be in the Masters of Photography collection because of the clarity of the image and the composition.


Robert Adams
Untitled, Denver
1970-74

I chose this image by Robert Adams because it is simple yet intriguing. The composition draws the viewer in and makes them want to know what is behind the door.
I think that this image belongs in the Masters of Photography collection because it shows that simplicity is beautiful.





Ralph Eugene Meatyard
Romance (N.) from Ambrose Bierce #3
1962

I chose this image by Ralph Eugene Meatyard because I like the juxtaposition of the bodies with the numbered stairs and the fact that I have no idea what these people are thinking. The masks show oddly misshapen faces with seemingly young bodies.
I believe Meatyard's image above should be in the Masters of Photography collection because of the tonal range and subject matter of the image.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
This is an image that I took outside my apartment. I love the depth of the clouds.



I like the movement in this image. The crisp trees and grass against the flowing water add a sense of captured time.


 

This is an image I took in the safe room at work. The room itself is only about 4 ft x 4ft. The mirror has a mustache and goatee taped to it and a post-it note that says "Check Your 'Stache." (I added the black text in Photoshop because it wasn't really legible in the snapshot.) I love it. Its something that makes me smile when I'm having a bad day at work.

1 comment: