Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blog #4

 
Eugene Atget
Parc de Sceaux, mars, 7 h. matin
1925

I chose this image by Eugene Atget because I really like reflection. There is something about a picture within a picture that I really love.
I think that this image should be in the Masters of Photography collection because it shows a great use of symmetry and tone.



  
Cindy Sherman
Untitled Film Still #35
1979

I really like this image of Cindy Sherman because of the look of defiance on her face.
I think this image should be in the Masters of Photography collection because is has a strong composition and meaning.




Alfred Stieglitz
Icy Night
1893


This image by Alfred Stieglitz caught my eye because of the detail in the trees that you can see all the way in the back. The tones shift gradually and beautifully.
I think that this image should be in the Masters of Photography collection because it shows how much the medium could be used  so shortly after its invention.

------------------------------------------------------------------



I really like the bright block of color in the image. I chose it because it catches the viewers' eye.

 

I chose this image because I really like the detail and the shallow depth of field.




This image is of the casualty in class on Monday. I picked it because I like the way that the light catches the frosted glass.

1 comment: